Keeping track of website changes is important for staying ahead of the competition and identifying potential issues.
In this review, we’ll take a deep dive into Visualping, a website change monitoring platform. Let’s explore its features, use cases, and overall capabilities to make an informed decision.
You will also discover an alternative solution, with its unique features and advantages in website monitoring!
What is Visualping?
Visualping is a website change monitoring platform that allows users to track changes on websites automatically. It notifies users whenever there are updates, modifications, or additions to the web pages they are monitoring.
This tool is commonly used for various purposes such as tracking product availability, monitoring stock levels, detecting website updates, and staying informed about changes in web content.
With Visualping, users can stay updated on changes happening on websites without the need for manual checking.
Visualping industry solutions and use cases
Visualping has solutions for various industries, including:
- – SaaS & Info Services
- – Law Firms
- – Finance
- – E-commerce
- – Journalism
Here are some of the popular use cases for each industry:
- SaaS & Information Services:
- – Monitor competitors’ websites for product updates, pricing changes, and feature releases.
- – Track industry news and updates on relevant websites to stay informed about market trends and developments.
- – Receive alerts for changes in competitors’ marketing strategies, such as new landing pages or promotional offers.
- Law Firms:
- – Track updates to legal regulations and policies on government websites and regulatory bodies.
- – Monitor court filings and updates on legal databases for relevant cases and rulings.
- – Receive alerts for changes to clients’ websites or online profiles to stay informed about their activities and developments.
- – Monitor stock prices and financial news on investment websites and financial news platforms.
- – Track changes to regulatory filings and financial reports for publicly traded companies.
- – Receive alerts for changes to economic indicators and market trends to inform investment decisions.
- – Monitor competitors’ product listings and pricing changes on e-commerce platforms.
- – Track product availability and stock levels on suppliers’ websites and online marketplaces.
- – Receive alerts for changes to product descriptions, reviews, and ratings to stay competitive in the market.
- – Monitor news websites and online publications for breaking news and updates on specific topics.
- – Track changes to government websites and official announcements for investigative journalism purposes.
- – Receive alerts for updates to social media profiles and influencers’ websites for story leads and insights.
What does Visualping offer?
Visualping offers a range of features designed to provide users with timely updates and notifications across various domains. These features include:
- – Back-in-stock alerts: Receive notifications as soon as products you’re interested in become available again.
- – Social media monitoring: Stay informed about any updates detected on social media profiles.
- – Appointment availability: Stay informed about the availability of appointments and time slots.
- – Grades, courses, and scholarships: Receive alerts regarding changes in grades, registration deadlines for courses, or opportunities for scholarships.
- – Job hunting: Keep track of career opportunities at your preferred companies, enabling you to stay proactive in your job search.
- – Price drops and promotions: Monitor for discounts and promotions on your favorite websites, helping you make informed purchasing decisions.
- – News alerts: Stay up-to-date with news updates on topics of interest.
- – House hunting: Receive alerts about new property listings that match your criteria.
Main types of Visualping checks
Visualping offers three main types of website change checks:
- Visual checks
With Visual checks, users can select specific areas of a webpage to monitor visually. This type of check detects changes in elements such as images, page design, and text appearance. Users receive notifications if any alterations occur within the selected area.
- Text checks
Text checks focus on monitoring changes in the textual content of a webpage. Users can set alerts for specific keywords or phrases, allowing them to be notified when particular text elements are added, removed, or modified. This type of check is useful for tracking inventory updates, such as changes from “out of stock” to “in stock.”
- Element checks
Element checks analyze the underlying code of a webpage to detect changes in web elements. Unlike Visual checks, which monitor visual aspects, Element checks focus on code-level modifications. Users can set filters and adjust the change percentage to customize the detection criteria. This type of check is particularly beneficial for monitoring specific elements or components on a page, such as widgets or interactive features.
Visualping alternative- Hexowatch
Looking for an alternative to Visualping with more than 3 types of checks? You should consider Hexowatch. The latter is an affordable alternative, with 13 different monitoring types!
Here’s a breakdown of Hexowatch’s monitoring types:
- Visual Monitoring: Monitor web pages for any visual changes, whether it’s a specific part of the screen or the entire page.
- HTML Element Monitoring: Keep track of specific HTML elements or the content of any field for changes.
- Keyword Monitoring: Monitor web pages for the presence or absence of specific keywords.
- Technology Monitoring: Track changes to the tech stack or third-party scripts used on the web page.
- Source Code Monitoring: Monitor web pages for any source code or HTML modifications.
- Content Monitoring: Keep an eye on the visible content of a web page for any changes.
- Automatic AI Monitoring: Hexowatch automatically detects various types of changes, including visual, content, source, and technology monitoring.
- Availability Monitoring: Receive alerts when a web page experiences downtime.
- Domain WHOIS Monitoring: Monitor the ownership and administrative records of domain names.
- Sitemap Monitoring: Track any website for new or deleted pages through their sitemap.
- API Monitoring: Monitor HTTP posts and API endpoints for changes in response.
- Backlink Monitoring: Keep tabs on backlink partners and receive alerts if links back to your website are removed or modified.
- RSS Feed Monitoring: Monitor RSS feed updates for any changes.
Main benefits of Hexowatch
Let’s explore the key benefits of Hexowatch and understand why it is the preferred monitoring tool among others:
- – Quick setup: Hexowatch offers a quick setup process, allowing users to sign up for their monitoring within minutes, saving valuable time and effort.
- – Fast monitoring: Users can monitor any webpage quickly for timely detection of changes and updates.
- – Comprehensive monitoring types: With Hexowatch, users have access to 13 different monitoring types, including Visual, Content, Source Code, and Price Monitoring, providing comprehensive coverage for various monitoring needs.
- – Caring support team: Hexowatch prioritizes user satisfaction by offering a supportive and responsive customer support team. Users can rely on prompt assistance to address any queries or concerns they may have.
- – Done-for-you monitoring: Hexowatch goes the extra mile by providing done-for-you monitoring services through webscrapingagency.com. Users can delegate the entire monitoring process to a dedicated team and get customized scraping recipes, data enrichment, and peace of mind.
Automate page change monitoring with Hexowatch
Hexowatch is your AI sidekick to monitor any website for visual, content, source code, technology, availability, or price changes.
Hexowatch works 24/7 to help spot trends, spy on your competitors, visually check your website, keep an archive of every change and turn any website into your own private data source accessing changes as a downloadable CSV file, google sheets, or via Zapier.
Monitor any website and get started in minutes – no software, proxies, or programming required
Content Writer | Marketing Specialist
Experienced in writing SaaS and marketing content, helps customers to easily perform web scrapings, automate time-consuming tasks and be informed about latest tech trends with step-by-step tutorials and insider articles.
Follow me on Linkedin